My mother has been the pillar of my life. Apart from being my parent, she’s the only person in my life who can claim to be my friend, mentor, my stress buster and a hundred other titles. And as a mother to a budding toddler, I have to play the same roles for my son. As it is said time and again, there is no way to fully fathom a mother’s love for it is truly magical.
There is also the bitter truth about a mother-child relationship that has been so well articulated by Erich Fromm who said, “The mother-child relationship is paradoxical and in a sense tragic. It requires the most intense love on the mother’s side, yet this very love must help the child grow away from the mother, and become fully independent.”
This Mother’s Day I wanted to share a compilation of inspiring motherhood quotes for all the beautiful mothers out there.
You can even download these quotes as desktop wallpapers for your Mac or PC down below.
QUOTES ABOUT A MOTHERS LOVE
I love collecting beautiful mom life quotes. I am sure reading these inspiring motherhood quotes will warm your heart and make you want to call your mom.
- “My mom smiled at me. Her smile kind of hugged me.” ― R.J. Palacio
- “The natural state of motherhood is unselfishness. When you become a mother, you are no longer the center of your own universe. You relinquish that position to your children.”— Jessica Lange
- “A mother’s arms are made of tenderness, and children sleep soundly in them.”— Victor Hugo
- “There really are places in your heart you don’t even know exist, until you love a child.” — Anne Lamott
- “To describe my mother would be to write about a hurricane in its perfect power. Or the climbing, falling colors of the rainbow.”— Maya Angelou
- “When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child.” — Sophia Loren
- “A mother’s love is patient and forgiving when all others are forsaking, it never fails or falters, even though the heart is breaking.” — Helen Rice
- “Everything has changed, yet I am more me than I have ever been.” – Iain Thomas
- “Being a mother is learning about strengths you didn’t know you had, and dealing with fears you didn’t know existed.” –Linda Wooten
- “Mothers hold their children’s hands for a short while, but their hearts forever.” – Unknown
Do you want these motherhood love quotes in a screensaver form? Download below.
What is the one special memory from your childhood with your mother? Is there a quote you love, that reminds you of your mom? Leave me a comment below.