1. Flash cook the masoor dal in a pressure cooker.
2. In a wok, heat oil and add tadka with mustard seeds, cumin seeds, and curry leaves.
3. When these spices start to pop add tomato puree and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes.
4. Now add vegetables of your choice, I used okra, pumpkin, and drumsticks for this one. Cook for another 5-7 minutes.
5. Once the vegetables are nearly cooked add the boiled masoor dal and dry spices like turmeric, garam masala, sambar powder, and salt. Then add the soaked tamarind water. Cook for another 5-7 minutes.
6. Garnish with freshly chopped coriander leaves. Serve with rice, or enjoy as a soup.