1. Start by soaking the quinoa in water for at least 15-20 minutes. It is ready to cook when you begin to see the inner white germ of the seed.
2. In a large pot, add garlic pods to hot oil. Stir until the garlic oils are infused in the cooking oil.
3. Add one large chopped onion and saute until golden brown.
4. Now add the mushrooms and peas and cook for 5 minutes on low flame.
5. Add turmeric, black pepper, and salt. Mix well.
5. Now add the soaked quinoa and enough water to cover the quinoa. The quinoa to water ratio I use is 1:1.5
6. Add in the soup powder and let this come to a boil. It takes about 10 minutes for the quinoa to cook.
7. The water should get absorbed and the end result is a fluffy quinoa grain.