I love experimenting in the kitchen and trying new recipes. Almond flour has been on my mind for a while, I wanted to use this nutrient-rich flour to make some baked goodies. After a few trials, I finally perfected an easy almond flour cookies recipe. It took me a while to find a perfect balance of ingredients to make soft baked and delicious tasting cookies.
Almond flour is naturally gluten-free and nutrient-rich containing Vitamin E, manganese, magnesium and fiber. And though these cookies are calorie dense the taste of almonds gives them that rich nutty taste that makes every bite worth it.
I also add a few superfoods to the cookie mix. If I am offering cookies to my child I want him to get something more in every bite. This time I included ground flaxseed powder, raw cacao nibs and raw cacao powder when making almond flour chocolate chip cookies. You can skip the cacao powder if you don’t have any at hand.
WHAT I LOVE ABOUT THESE ALMOND FLOUR AND CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
- This recipe is vegan and paleo friendly, making them a thoughtful gift to give anyone without worrying too much about food restrictions.
- Easy is my biggest criteria – recipes that don’t require too many steps. That’s why I call them my ‘Easy Almond Flour Cookies’. All the magic happens in one bowl. I know moms are busy and only have limited time at hand, the quicker the recipes the better.
- Because they are so quick and easy to make, these almond flour cookies are a great dessert option when hosting dinner guests. Tastes even better compared to the regular chocolate chip cookie and can be paired with ice cream for dessert.
- Soft, melt in your mouth delicate cookies to pair with a cup of milk for a healthy evening snack.
- These also make a great option as lactation cookies since they contain raw cacao that’s rich in iron and desiccated coconut that’s a known galactagogue.
- Both adults and kids can enjoy these delicious bites.
The key point to remember is to eat these in moderation, almond flour is quite calorie dense.
Do you enjoy simple snack and dessert recipes?
Here are some more clean eating friendly, easy and healthy treats for you to enjoy with your family;
EASY ALMOND FLOUR COOKIES
Almond Flour Cookies
- 1 1/2 cup Almond flour blanched
- 1/2 cup Dark chocolate chips/raw cacao nibs
- 1/3 cup Desiccated coconut
- 1 tbsp Raw cacao powder
- 1 tbsp Flaxseed powder
- 1/2 cup Castor sugar
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 cup Coconut oil
- 1. Preheat oven at 350 degrees F for 10-15 minutes. Add all the dry ingredients in a bowl and mix2. Add the coconut oil and combine into a dough shape.3. Make small cookie dough balls and spread into medium size cookie circles on the baking tray. The dough balls are soft and need delicate hands.4. Bake for 12-15 minutes at 350 degrees F or until the edges are crispy golden brown.
Find the ingredients on Amazon:
This recipe makes 10 cookies and stays in an airtight container for 3-4 days.
That’s all folks! Hope you try these easy almond floor cookies. Let me know in the comments below if you tried baking with almond flour before? What did you make? Leave me your recipes in the comments section.
This blog post contains affiliate links. These links provide me with a small percentage commission but don’t cost you anything extra.